AM Session #1
Brought my laptop today and am able to blog during each break.
This morning's session began with, an intro to iWeb, a great application. I'm still contemplating using this in class, not sure it gives me and the student's enough control, to understand images and image size; the whole driving factor behind the class itself?
AM Session #2
Edcube; as a tool for students to create digital portfolios. Very interesting idea, needs further exploration.
PM Sessions, focused on Web 2.0, and it was good to hear other folks attempting to subvert the "system" and use technology in ways that would improve and enhance learning. Ultimately though; good teaching is good teaching.
Total hours of Professional Development eight.
here's my 'notes' taken as the day progressed
- Digital portfolios, is a department buzzword.
- ed-cube cross platform
- "sage on the stage"
- "meddler in the middle"
- "the guide on the side"
Saturday, 16 May 2009 2:10:20 PM Australia/Melbourne
- good teaching still requires teaching
- Learning Management Systems
- add a forward slash, to the end of your delicious account page and a tag you've used, to create a unique collection of links
- Rudd money?
- Rudd pricing?
- iphone ichat/sms
- me we see
- edconnect, LMS
- try pilot/s or try outs instead for 'grand plans'
- shard accounts on facebook for groups or classes
- internal server we can create our own wikki then?
- teacher tube
- tube tv captures youtube video
- nings can we use them?